I made 2 soaps in the end. One with balls, and one with a long embed.
For the ball embed soap. I made several different colored soaps, and made some balls of singular colors, and some balls that were several different colors. I then rolled some in gold mica, and some in black mica. The fragrance I chose for this was "Glitter" from NG. Supposedly it was meant to rice, but I added my fragrance to the oils before the lye mix, and it behaved perfectly! Anyway it smells absolutely gorgeous! Here is the finished soap.
I have called this one Glitter Balls!
My next soap I made was with a fragrance called Stormy Nights. I had an image in my head of what I wanted this soap to look like. I have a star embed tube mold, so I filled this with white soap and waited for a few days before I could unmold it. Then I mad some more soap, split it into 3 parts, and colored one part with Activated Charcoal, one part with Blue Ultra Marine, and one part with Titanium dioxide. I then mixed several different colors together using these colors, to hopefully represent a stormy night sky, and layered them into the mold. Here is what I did with the top. At Christmas time I made a soap that I put mica dots down one side and turned them into stars using a skewer. This time I covered the whole top in gold mica dots :)
And then began the anxious wait to unmold. I had used a silicone mold, so I knew it would be a few days before I could get it out! Finally I was able to push it out, and here is Stormy Nights....pretty pleased with how it turned out.
Well that's it for another Challenge. I decided to enter Stormy Nights this month. Thanks Amy for yet another challenge and good luck everyone.....this was fun.
See you next time