35% Olive Oil
30% Palm Oil
25% Coconut Oil
10% Rice Bran Oil
I used a fragrance I had not used yet Black Raspberry Vanilla from BB. All I can say is YUM!!
Anyway, back to it. My first attempt was a total bust. Soap thickened too much, and I had my skewers too close together in the tool I made to do the pass through.....long story short...all my pretty colours got mixed together!
But it got the better of me and I tried again that afternoon. I used the colours: Red, Yellow, White and Black. Put my fragrance in the rest of the soap batter and into the mold. I squeezed the colours alternately into the mold in stripes. Then I got my SINGLE SKEWER!! Wasn't game enough to use the tool again, so I used a single skewer to do the initial pull through:
Then came the confusing S curves! Got the skewer again and drew the s curves through the soap batter....wasn't that neat, but it turned out OK in the end:
And here are the cut bars. I think for a first attempt it turned out OK.... I was definitely out of my comfort zone, and I am so glad I did this challenge....can't wait for the next one :)
Oh I should add that I had to spend about 2 hours steaming ash off the cut bars....silly ash!!
Well that's it...will do a post later about my failed attempt and my third attempt, that was really good until the next day when I looked at it and it had tine popped air bubbles along the s curve lines! :(
Bye for now...